What plays a vital role in the performance of an employee?
Is it recognition is the key to sustaining the positive outcome?
It is an open secret that an employee engagement drives business performance and is key to business success. To attract the employee’s organisation providing workplace flexibility, introducing flextime system, offering longer breaks to providing employees with competitive compensation. However, organizations tend to overlook employee recognition.
Workplace recognition motivates, provides a sense of accomplishment and makes employees feel valued for their work. Recognition not only boosts individual employee engagement, but it also has been found to increase productivity and loyalty to the company, leading to higher retention.
Benefit of recognition employee at workplace?
- Assuring employees that their work was valued and appreciated
- Giving employees a sense of belonging to company
- Enhancing loyalty
- Increasing employee motivation
- Improving employee retention
Went come to recognition what is the first main way to do? Money is not only the top form of recognition. Here below are the tips how to recognise employee at workplace:
How to recognise employee at workplace?
- Recognize the years of service in organization. This is an excellent way for organizations to show that they value ongoing dedication and contribution of individuals.
- Introduce non-monetary reward scheme by recognizing people based on specific result. For instance, ‘Salesperson of the month’ or ‘Employee of the year’.
- Implement peer-to-peer recognition. Encourage employees to acknowledge each other for jobs well done.
- private recognition from a boss, peer or customer
- Acknowledge individual or team success stories at staff meeting, and do not let the employees good work go unnoticed.
- promotion or increase in scope of work or responsibility to show trust
- monetary award such as a trip, prize or pay increase
Great managers know that they can never give too much recognition as long as it’s honest and deserved. Acknowledging an employee’s best work goes a long way toward making him or her feel valued and can lead to other desirable workplace outcomes.
Alchemy Resources have our own learning management system (LMS) in which our course “Essential Qualities of Great Leader” (EQGL) have described about the importance of Recognition as part of Motivational Triggers in a workplace that drives an employee’s performance. In behaviour modification, triggers are essential tools to remind and activate a response. The following describes an excerpt from the content from the LMS:
Rewards that drive Employee’s Performance
- Intrinsic Reward:
- Physiological reward such as Recognition, allows employees to take pride in the job & gives them a sense of responsibility to perform well.
- By recognizing an individual’s work and praising him/her will trigger them to perform better
- Most managers know that employees respond well to recognition
- Great Managers refine and extend this insight because each employee plays to different audience.